1. Check the batteries
The most common reason why a Firestick remote stops working is because the batteries are dead. Make sure to use fresh batteries and that they are inserted correctly.
2. Restart your Firestick
Restarting your Firestick can sometimes fix minor glitches that may be causing remote problems. To restart your Firestick, unplug it from the power outlet for a few seconds and then plug it back in.
3. Pair your remote with your Firestick
If your remote is still not working, try pairing it with your Firestick again. To do this, press and hold the Home button on the remote for 5 seconds until the LED light on the remote flashes. Then, go to Settings > Device & Software > Remote > Voice Remote > Pair Remote on your Firestick.
4. Try the Firestick app
If you are still having problems with your remote, you can try using the Firestick app on your smartphone to control your Firestick. The Firestick app is available for free on the App Store and Google Play.
5. Contact Amazon Support
If you have tried all of the above and your Firestick remote is still not working, you may need to contact Amazon Support for further assistance.
Additional tips for troubleshooting Firestick remote problems
- Make sure there is a clear line of sight between your remote and your Firestick.
- Try moving your remote closer to your Firestick.
- Try removing any objects or furniture that may be blocking the signal between your remote and your Firestick.
- If you are using a third-party Firestick remote, make sure that it is compatible with your Firestick device.
- Try resetting your Firestick remote to its factory default settings. To do this, press and hold the Select and Back buttons on the remote for 10 seconds until the LED light on the remote flashes.
If you are still having problems with your Firestick remote after trying all of the above, then you may need to contact Amazon Support for further assistance.