An air hostess is a person who works as a flight attendant on an airplane. Their job is to ensure the safety and comfort of the passengers during the flight. Air hostesses are responsible for a variety of tasks, including:
* Welcoming and assisting passengers
* Serving food and beverages
* Demonstrating safety procedures
* Ensuring the cleanliness of the cabin
* Providing customer service
The minimum qualification required to become an air hostess is a 12th pass with English as a compulsory subject. However, most airlines prefer candidates with a diploma or degree in a related field, such as hospitality, tourism, or aviation.
In addition to the educational qualification, air hostesses must also meet the following physical requirements:
* Minimum height of 155 cm
* Minimum weight of 50 kg
* Good vision and hearing
* No color blindness
* No major medical conditions
Steps to become an air hostess
The following are the steps involved in becoming an air hostess after 12th:
1. Complete your 12th with English as a compulsory subject.
2. Get a diploma or degree in a related field, such as hospitality, tourism, or aviation.
3. Apply for air hostess training courses offered by airlines or private training institutes.
4. Clear the selection process, which includes an interview, medical examination, and psychometric tests.
5. Get certified as an air hostess by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
Air hostess training courses
There are many air hostess training courses available in India. These courses typically last for 3 to 6 months and cover topics such as:
* Aviation safety
* Customer service
* First aid
* Communication skills
* Public speaking
* Grooming and etiquette
Salary and career prospects
The salary of an air hostess varies depending on the airline, experience, and location. However, air hostesses typically earn a good salary, along with other benefits such as free travel and accommodation.
The career prospects for air hostesses are good. With experience, air hostesses can move into more senior positions, such as cabin crew manager or flight attendant trainer.
Becoming an air hostess is a challenging but rewarding career. If you are interested in a career in aviation and have the right qualifications and skills, then becoming an air hostess could be the perfect career for you.