Why is NordVPN not working in India?
In June 2022, the Indian government ordered VPN providers to collect and store user data for six months. NordVPN refused to comply with this order and shut down its servers in India. However, NordVPN users in India can still connect to servers outside of India.
Common NordVPN problems in India
Here are some common NordVPN problems that users in India may encounter:
- Unable to connect to any server.
- Connection is slow or unstable.
- Websites and apps are blocked.
- NordVPN app is not working properly.
How to fix NordVPN problems in India
Here are some things you can try to fix NordVPN problems in India:
- Try connecting to a different server. NordVPN has servers in over 60 countries, so you should be able to find a server that works for you.
- Change your protocol. NordVPN supports a variety of protocols, including OpenVPN, IKEv2, and WireGuard. Try changing your protocol to see if that fixes the problem.
- Disable your firewall and antivirus software. Sometimes, firewalls and antivirus software can interfere with NordVPN’s connection. Try disabling your firewall and antivirus software to see if that fixes the problem.
- Update your NordVPN app. Make sure you are using the latest version of the NordVPN app. NordVPN frequently releases updates that include bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Restart your device. Restarting your device can sometimes fix minor glitches that may be causing NordVPN problems.
Additional tips for troubleshooting NordVPN problems in India
Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting NordVPN problems in India:
- Try using a different DNS server. NordVPN recommends using its own DNS servers, but you can also try using a different DNS server, such as Google DNS or Cloudflare DNS.
- Try connecting to NordVPN using a different device. If you are having trouble connecting to NordVPN on one device, try connecting to NordVPN using a different device, such as a computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- Contact NordVPN support. If you have tried all of the above and are still having problems with NordVPN, you can contact NordVPN support for assistance.
If you are having trouble using NordVPN in India, there are a few things you can try to fix the problem. By following the tips in this article, you should be able to get NordVPN working properly again.