The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is a central government agency in India that conducts examinations for recruitment to various posts in the government sector. It was established in 1975 under the Staff Selection Commission Act, 1975.
The SSC is headquartered in New Delhi and has regional offices in all major cities in India. It is headed by a Chairman, who is assisted by two Members.
Functions of SSC
The SSC conducts examinations for recruitment to the following categories of posts:
- Group A posts: These are the highest level posts in the government sector. They require a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification.
- Group B posts: These are middle-level posts in the government sector. They require a diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Group C posts: These are lower-level posts in the government sector. They require a 10+2 or equivalent qualification.
The SSC also conducts examinations for recruitment to various non-gazetted posts, such as peons, clerks, and typists.
How to apply for SSC exams
The SSC conducts examinations on a regular basis. The application process for each examination is announced in the Employment News, a weekly newspaper published by the Government of India.
To apply for an SSC exam, you need to fill out an application form and submit it along with the required documents. The application form can be downloaded from the SSC website.
SSC exam syllabus
The syllabus for each SSC exam is different. It is available on the SSC website.
SSC exam pattern
The exam pattern for each SSC exam is different. It is available on the SSC website.
SSC exam results
The results of SSC exams are announced on the SSC website.
SSC contact information
The contact information for the SSC is as follows:
- Headquarters: Staff Selection Commission, 3rd Floor, B-Block, Old Railway Building, New Delhi-110001
- Phone: 011-23385271, 23381125
- Fax: 011-23385272
- Email: [email protected]